There are two main types of Dog Shows:
- A Championship Show is an exhibition of registered dogs at which Challenge Certificates are awarded. A Challenge Certificate evidences the number of points awarded at the fixture towards the title Australian Champion. At these shows only qualified Judges officiate.
- An Open Show or Parade is an exhibition of registered dogs at which no Challenge Certificates are awarded, but dogs which have been awarded the title of Australian Champion may compete. At these shows Trainee Judges officiate and it is considered the training ground for all young dogs and owners.
Dog Shows are held which showcase:
- All Breeds of Dogs - these shows are open to all registered pedigreed dogs from the seven groups of dogs
- Group Shows - these shows are open to all registered pedigreed dogs from a specific group.
- Speciality Breed Shows -these show are open to all registered pedigreed dogs of a specific breed
- Mixed Specialty Shows - thse shows are open to all registered pedigreed dogs belonging to a special group, for example, all Spitz breeds
At all of the above shows, dogs are judged by qualified Judges who assess each dog against a Breed Standard specific to that breed.
Follow these links for more information: